As Team Nimbus dust ourselves down from this year’s GYDA Summit, we can all reflect on what was a roaring success. Agency growth specialists, GYDA, brought together agency leaders and expert speakers from across the industry.
The one-day conference in London combined keynote speeches, captivating TED-Talk-style presentations, deep-dive exercises, and engaging peer-learning activities.
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know some new characters and catching up with familiar friends.
As the proud gold sponsor of the summit, Team Nimbus had a blast. Here’s my short and sweet roundup of the key takeaways from some of the day’s speakers.
Oliver Zenglein, The Boutique Agency:
Always Be Changing – How To Adapt Your Operations As You Grow.
- Oliver stressed the importance of always finding ways to change and adapt
- Question anyone who insists that you should never change a working system to help your business evolve
- Keep asking yourselves, ‘What are we?’; ‘Who are we?’; and ‘Where do we want to go?’
The Boutique Agency have implemented a weekly ‘cheers for peers’ initiative to shout out excellent work by high-performing staff
Jaye Cowle, Launch:
Happy People Do Great Work! The Reality Of Putting Happiness At The Heart Of Your Agency.
- Jaye delved into her agency’s mantra of putting staff first, making Launch ‘The Happy Performance Agency’
- Invest in your team’s happiness and reap the rewards – happiness is contagious and results in lifting your profits
- Consider investing in emotional intelligence (EQ) training for your team
- You can’t always make people happy, but you can create a happy place to work
Avoid ‘toxic positivity’ – a culture where people feel scared not to appear happy; and welcome anonymous feedback and suggestions
Joe Hine, Si Partners:
Maximising And Releasing Your Agency’s Value.
- Si Partners, a global mergers and acquisitions consultancy, champion working to build blocks of value, ensuring you create the right offers for the right clients
- Solid infrastructure is vital for creating value, growth, and profit
- To achieve this, put in place a good management team, great systems, and robust processes
- Join forces with companies of like-minded cultural fit to ensure successful partnerships
In 2023, businesses are seeking solutions for digital channels, time-saving enterprise tech, social media, and strategic C-suite advice
Marion Gould, Microsoft:
Values Drive Value: How To Market With Purpose.
- Marion explained why creating the ‘purpose’ behind your work is so important
- Ask yourselves, what’s your purpose – the reason for which something is done or created?
- High-growth brands are 66% more likely to see purpose as a means to guiding employee decision-making
- Value drives change and should evolve throughout the year
- 71% of consumers prefer buying from brands that align with their values
Mike Crook, Nimbus:
Building A Successful, Sustainable Agency
- Environmental legislation is on the horizon for businesses of all sizes
- The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) and the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) are calling for legislation and clear definitions around the terms ‘carbon neutral’ and ‘net zero’ – and the government are starting to listen
- All businesses must be careful not to mislead anyone with false or exaggerated marketing claims – be genuine and make sure you back up your claims with evidence
- Obtain a carbon emissions audit, reduce your carbon footprint, and obtain certifications to prove your positive actions
- Environmental standards – ISO certifications are a viable alternative to B Corp status
- For a full summary of my talk, check out the blog page